Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
35+ relationships with top brands
220,000 grads � and counting
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
If you’re looking to gain the hands-on experience and education you need to become an automotive technician near the Windy City, look no further than Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Lisle, Illinois. Lisle is located just outside of Chicago — the third largest city in the United States. This makes it a great place to get trained for a career in the automotive industry, with a number of employment options for technicians entering the industry.1
You can graduate from the Automotive Technology program at UTI Lisle in less than a year prepared for an entry-level career.7 Students receive core training that covers the fundamentals needed in the industry, with no prior knowledge or experience required.
The Lisle campus follows a blended learning model, which incorporates online instructor-led training and hands-on application in the lab.18 This type of training can provide more flexibility to students — plus it’s modeled after what’s used by employers in the field.1 Also, graduates are prepared to test for auto mechanic certifications like ASE.
Automotive students at UTI Lisle gain sought-after skills and experience working on the maintenance and repair of both domestic and import vehicles. You can build your knowledge from the ground up and work with the latest technology used by professionals in the industry.
Here are some of the topics covered in the program:
Meet Lisle campus Automotive instructor Sean Gagnon, who attended UTI as a student after deciding that he wanted to work on cars for a living. After working in the industry for a while, he became an instructor to help train the next generation of automotive technicians.
The graduation documents you receive after completing your training are important when entering the workforce and can help show your commitment and skill level to prospective employers.
Students graduating from the Automotive Technology program at UTI Lisle earn diplomas. This is a great way to showcase the knowledge you've learned in a specific field.
Students who complete UTI's Automotive training at Lisle are also prepared to take the exams required to become ASE certified and can substitute their training for one of the two years of work experience needed.
There’s also the opportunity for students who add additional specialized training to their core automotive program (Ford FACT or Toyota TPAT) to earn manufacturer-specific certifications upon completion.6
The Lisle campus is proud to offer Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs that allow Automotive students to gain additional training and experience working with specific manufacturers. They are the 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program (FACT) and the 12-week Toyota Professional Automotive Technician program (TPAT). And the 12-week BMW FastTrack program is coming soon to UTI Lisle!
Graduates of the Automotive program are prepared with the skills they need for a variety of entry-level careers and the ability to test for auto mechanic certifications. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Read our automotive career guide to explore potential career paths.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The Lisle campus is located just outside of Chicago, where you can explore famous landmarks and experience fun attractions like Willis Tower, Navy Pier and Millennium Park. It’s a great home base for getting your automotive training!
2611 Corporate West Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
630-529-2662 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2111 |  Financial Aid
800-441-4248 |  Student Services
630-529-2662 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
Guided tours, which are offered at the UTI Lisle campus Monday through Friday, can provide a chance to check out the labs and classrooms firsthand. Plus, you can meet our staff and get answers to any questions you might have.
Don’t miss out on the events UTI hosts throughout the year. Our events calendar will show you the schedule for both our virtual and in-person events, so you can plan to attend!
There’s a need for skilled automotive technicians in the industry, and you can prepare for an exciting career at UTI Lisle. If this sounds like the right fit for you, click the link below to connect with an Admissions Representative who can help answer your questions!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career