Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Known as the economic and central hub of North Texas, the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex is a great place to get trained to pursue an automotive career. The region is home to a variety of places where technicians can start their careers, from dealerships to service shops. If you’re looking for a school in the area that can help equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to become a technician, consider Universal Technical Institute’s Dallas/Fort Worth campus.
The Automotive Technology program at UTI Dallas/Fort Worth is designed to get you career-ready in less than a year.1 From engine service repair to electronic systems and technology, you’ll gain a skill set that can help prepare you for an exciting career as an automotive technician.
UTI follows a blended learning model, which incorporates online instructor-led training and hands-on application in the lab.18 This type of training is modeled after what’s used in the field today and can equip you with the online and hands-on skills employers look for. Plus, it can give you more flexibility as a student.
Whether you’ve grown up tinkering on cars or have no prior experience, this program can advance your knowledge and equip you with skills that can help you get ahead in your career. Here’s a quick look at some of the courses your program will cover:
Meet Art Metzler, an Automotive instructor at the Dallas/Fort Worth campus. After working as a technician for over 20 years, he decided to become an instructor and pass on his knowledge to the next generation.
In addition to your knowledge and skill level, your graduation documents can demonstrate your commitment to future employers.
At UTI Dallas/Fort Worth, graduates of the Automotive Technology program earn an Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degree. Upon graduation, they’re also prepared to take the exams required to earn ASE certifications — and their training can substitute for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
Within the automotive industry, there are many different career avenues technicians can explore as they gain skills and experience. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Want to learn more about potential career paths? Read our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The DFW campus is conveniently located near the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, as well as a variety of fun attractions. These include the Dallas Museum of Art, Dealey Plaza and Six Flags Over Texas, just to name a few.
5151 Regent Boulevard
Irving, TX 75063
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
972-505-2200 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
877-873-1084 |  Financial Aid
800-504-8786 |  Student Services
469-442-2390 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
The DFW campus offers guided tours Monday through Friday. This is a great way to come see what the campus is like firsthand! You’ll have the chance to meet our staff, check out our labs and classrooms, and get your questions answered.
UTI hosts many different events throughout the year. Click the link below to view a calendar of what’s coming up so you don’t miss out!
By training at UTI, you’ll gain skills that can last a lifetime. If you’re interested in a career as an auto technician and are ready to take the next step, click the link below. We’ll connect you with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.